RECIPE OF DELIGHTFUL NOT-BAKED CHOCOLATE MOUSSE PIE
If you are a chocolate lover then this recipe is a treat for you and those who don’t like chocolate might start loving chocolate after eating this silky smooth delicious chocolate mousse pie. So, let’s get started with this yummy recipe.
First of all, what all you need to make this recipe.
- 7 oz. chocolate wafer cookies (about 32, here we have used Nabisco Famous wafers)
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted plus 4tbsp.
- bittersweet chocolate, chopped(about 1-1/2 cup and more for garnish)
- 3-3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- Chocolate curls for serving
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher salt
HOW TO MAKE THIS NOT-BAKED CHOCOLATE MOUSSE PIE?
FOR THE CRUST
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cookie crumbs and butter until moistened. Press this mixture evenly into a nine- inch deep dish pie plate being sure to coat the bottom and the sides. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pour the melted chocolate on the bottom of the crust evenly and cool it until firm for about 5-10 minutes.
FOR THE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE FILLING
- Meanwhile, in a heavy-bottomed saucepan, pour 1/3 cup water to a boil and turn heat to low and stir within the chocolate, marshmallows and remaining 4 tablespoon butter till melted. Pour into a huge bowl.
- Permit the chocolate to melt slowly, approximately 9 to ten minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir till smooth to keep at room temperature until required.
- Beat 1-half of cups of the cream in a medium bowl with an electrically powered mixer on medium-excessive speed to stiff peaks, approximately 2 mins. Whisk the chocolate combination to loosen it, and fold it into the whipped cream with a large silicone spatula until no streaks continue to be.
- Pour the chocolate mousse filling into the pie crust and spread evenly. Gently spread it to the rims. Cover and refrigerate for as a minimum 6 hours.
FOR WHIPPED TOPPING
- Beat whipping cream with sweetener and vanilla until it holds stiff peaks. Spread over mousse to the top of the pie.
- Using a cheese grater, shave the dark chocolate over the whipping cream if desired. Let set a pie in the fridge for about 30 minutes before serving or overnight.
- Food energy: 359kcal
- Total fat: 33.46g
- Saturated fat: 23g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 110mg
- Sodium: 170mg
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
I hope you like this amazingly delicious chocolate mousse pie and I hope you try this at your home and get delighted with this silky smooth chocolate mousse pie.